Supported Living provides direct support for people with a disability who require low to moderate levels of accommodation support.
This service helps people to live as independently as possible. It is also an opportunity for people presently living in specialist supported living to move, with appropriate support, into a more independent option if that is what they wish.
- Each person lives in their own, rented or family accommodation.
- Each person can receive support according to an individualised support package.
Each person will receive:
- Age and culturally appropriate levels of support to complete activities of daily living and develop social connection,
- Support to develop skills to enable them to avert homelessness, access less intensive services in the future or delay possible entry into a more intensive model,
- Appropriate levels of support that manage risks associated with health and well-being, and
- Assistance to sustain a tenancy and reside independently in their own or family home within a community setting.